Marty’s Party – Cold Corner CD
For those who like Tom Shepley’s Band this one is a must. Half the band, Nan Trench and Martin Colledge, emigrated to Canada some years ago where they were part of the group Marty’s Party. Their one and only album is called Cold Corner and features Nan on flute and English concertina whilst Martin adds the Northumbrian smallpipes to his usual instrumentation of tenor banjo, cittern and mandolin. The other musicians are Neil Aitken (fiddle), Lindsey Bart (guitar), Dan Basely (button accordion/whistles), Alistair Dennet (percussion/jew’s harp), Daniel Koulack (acoustic bass) and Al Thomson (vocals). A cracking album and one to be recommended. Material ranges from Ireland, England and The Isle of Man.
Only ten copies in stock.
- Cold Corner.
- The Gateshead Lass.
- English March & Reels.
- Coming Up a Cloud/Elsie Marley/Maho Snaps.
- Jim Picking Mushrooms/The New Winnipeg Reel.
- Ny Kirree Fo Niaghtey/Welcome Home Mt Dearie.
- Ennan Vannin.
- Kitty Come Over/Apples In Winter/Boys of Ballymore
- Ca Hackey/Dance To Your Daddy.
- The Girl Who Broke My Heart/I’m Waiting for You/The Crib of Perches/The Green Fields of Rossbeigh.
- Rothbury Hills/Go to Berwick, Johnny/Three Rusty Swords.