Mike Billington’s second album and a mix of traditional and contemporary songs and tunes. Mike accompanies himself on guitar and Appalachian dulcimer and also plays bowed psaltery, oboe, recorders, crumhorns, dvoyanka, dudy, Bulgarian djura gaida, Swedish sackpipa and percussion.
Session musicians include Maartin Allcock (ex-Jethro Tull/Fairport Convention), Mike Harding (singer, songwriter, broadcaster and author), Shelley Rainey, Karen Dyson, Phil Davenport, Mickey Van Gelder, Joe Roberts,Joe Beard (ex-Purple Gang), Iain Bowley, Willy Simpson,Silke Dale Brosig, Imogen Seal, Rory Scammell and Tir na n’Og duo Sonny Condell and Leo O’Kelly.
1. All in a Garden Green.
2. Knight of The Road.
3. Our Love Will Not Decay.
5. Cheap Day Return
6. Coalhole Cavalry.
7. The Lambs Are Straying/Searching for Lambs/Dance of The Crippled Goat
8. Dancing at Whitsun.
9. The Old Man and His Wife.
10. Searching for Lambs.
11. Visa Fran Malung/Brudmarsch fran Allelbo.
12. John Barleycorn.
13. Trent Water.
14. Once I Loved a Maiden Fair.
15. Three dances from Susato’s Danserye. (15th century)